Working at Height/Manual Handling/Asbestos Awareness
This one day course combines three short awareness sessions on manual handling, working at height and asbestos awareness.
For each topic, this course will introduce employees to:
- Identify their own legal responsibilities
- Risks associated with each type of work
- Common control measures that will help them work safely
Who Needs This Course?
Anyone working in the building trade, maintenance or engineering industries.
This also covers many of the topics required for Chas and SafeContractor accreditation.
Why is this training important?
Each year in the UK there are, on average, 2466 deaths from asbestos related conditions. Falls from height are the most common cause of fatalities at work and Manual Handling is the biggest cause of ‘over 7 day injuries’.
This training covers some of the biggest risks your employees face.
At the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
- Identify key pieces of Health and Safety legislation relating to Asbestos, Manual Handling and Working at Height
- Explain how such legislation apply to their business, and specifically their role
- Recognise how they can improve health and safety within their own role
- Demonstrate good lifting technique
- Describe the health hazards associated with asbestos
- Outline safe ways of working at height.
3 x multi-format question