Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
This qualification introduces candidates to:
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- The legal requirements for first aid provision
- The importance of accurate incident reporting
- First aid equipment and its safe use
- The need to minimise the risk of infection
- The importance of assessing an incident
- Undertaking a primary survey
- When and how to call for help
- Practical First Aid
Who needs this Qualification?
First aiders in lower-risk work environments, such as offices and shops and/or organisations with fewer than 100 employees.
Why Is This Training Important?
The important life saving skills you learn in First Aid Training are not only applicable to work, but your family and friends as well.
On Successful Completion of the Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work delegates will understand:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessment and management of first aid incidents
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- Management of a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty who has a bleeding injury
- Management of a casualty who is in shock
An examination consisting of 15 multiple choice questions plus a practical assessment.
In the practical assessment, candidates will be tested on the following five elements:
- Recovery position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation