Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
The Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is a two-unit, three-day course that will enable successful candidates to act as a first aider in their workplace.
- Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the workplace
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Unconscious casualties (Recovery)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Bleeding & Shock
- Minor injuries
Unit 2 covers the following topics:
We understand that Health & Safety issues can often be seen as a burden to business growth. However it is our goal to offer you a fresh and interesting perspective by delivering sensible, cost effective and practical solutions.
- Sudden Poisoning & Anaphylaxis
- Major illnesses (Heart Attack,
- Stroke, Epilepsy, Asthma & Diabetes)
- Secondary Survey
- Injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Suspected head and spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
Who needs this Qualification?
First aiders in high-risk work environments
Activities, test paper, practical assessment
Requalification is mandatory every three years.
We offer this as a 2 day programme, please contact the office for more information.
The HSE strongly recommends that all First Aiders undertake an annual refresher course.