Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. This qualification can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
Who needs this Qualification?
Why is this Training Important?
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Have the ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect Health and Safety
Successful Candidates may choose to progress to