Highfield Level 2 Award in Cleaning in Food Premises
This qualification has been designed to provide an essential introduction to the hazards associated with cleaning in food premises and how to control the risks involved to help prevent harm being caused.
The Highfield Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid is a
The two units are:
Who needs this Qualification?
Why is this Training Important?
Under Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the hygiene of
- Keep food premises clean and maintained in good repair and condition
- Ensure that any articles, fittings and equipment which come into contact with food are effectively cleaned and, where necessary, disinfected with sufficient frequency to avoid any risk of contamination
On successful completion of this course, delegates will:
- Understand the importance of cleaning in food premises, identify hazards and describe controls to reduce risk.
- Be aware of the law relating to Food Safety, and have a basic understanding of what is necessary.
- Understand the need for proper preparation before commencing cleaning operations in food premises, from storage to personal hygiene.
- Understand the range of options available in the methods and materials for cleaning and outline the controls that can be implemented to prevent contamination and cross-contamination and facilitate cleaning.
- Understand the importance of measuring the impact of the cleaning undertaken in food premises.