Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety has been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards. The Highfield Level 2 Awards in Food Safety provide a flexible syllabus which enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs, and is divided into 3 sector specific courses.
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
Who needs this Qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled. Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants
- Supermarkets and retail environments
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Care homes
Why is this Training Important?
- Have a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understand they key terminology used in Food Safety
- Be aware of the scope of Food Safety laws and have a basic understanding of the requirements
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Understand the importance of cleaning
- Have the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
One day programme
Retail – 500/5319/X
Manufacturing – 500/5091/6
Candidates, particularly those in a supervisory position, may wish to progress onto Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety.