Highfield Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH
Highfield Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH complements the Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace by introducing candidates to the inherent risks in substances and the controls available.
Who needs this Qualification?
Designed for those responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) at work, as well as employees who use hazardous substances in manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and offices.
Why is this Training Important?
This qualification will prepare employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
On completion of this course, successful candidates will:
- Identify the hazards associated with common hazardous products
- Understand how hazardous products cause injury or illness
- Identify the risks and controls available to deal with the substances
- Identify what to expect from a COSHH assessment
- Be aware of the scope of legislation
- Understand the value and purpose of COSHH Risk Assessments
Recommended Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace or equivalent.
Multiple choice examination
Candidates may choose to progress to Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace, or IOSH Managing Safely, if they wish to increase their overal Health and Safety knowledge.