Highfield Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness
The Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness is designed to help an organisation to meet its duties under current fire safety legislation. It provides employees with essential knowledge about fire safety; helping them to understand how to prevent a fire, as well as what actions to take if a fire does break out. This qualification covers the following topics:
- Main causes and effects of fires in the workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities (of employers, employees and fire wardens).
- Procedures & actions to be taken in the event of a fire.
- Fire prevention measures.
- Fire risk management, including risk assessment.
- The fire triangle.
- Fire risk control measures (active and passive).
- Reporting fire safety issues.
- Portable fire-fighting equipment.
- Simple checks of portable fire-fighting equipment.
Who needs This Qualification?
- Have no specific fire-safety role.
- Are undertaking induction training.
- Want an introduction to the topic before moving on to further fire-safety training.
- Understand the causes of fire
- Appreciate their role in fire prevention
- Understand who is responsible for fire safety
- Understand about fire control measures, and fire-fighting systems
- Appreciate the importance of reporting fire safety issues